FVLCRUM Funds is seeking candidates for pre-MBA Associate positions in our Washington D.C. area offices. Associates will be involved in all aspects of the firm’s business, from evaluating and executing platform and add-on investments to monitoring portfolio companies. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, sourcing, and supporting on the structuring and execution of M&A transactions – both new investments and add-on acquisitions for portfolio companies;
- New investment analysis, diligence, underwriting, and financing activities, including construction of financial models;
- Working with portfolio companies on strategic and financial initiatives, including development, tracking, and management of KPIs and other key metrics;
- Monitoring and reporting portfolio company performance post-investment;
- Participating in meetings with management teams, M&A intermediaries; and financial institutions;
- Participating in exit monetization processes (recaps, sale processes, etc.) and other capital events.
Desired Skills and Experience
We seek to hire Associates with strong analytical abilities, creative and thoughtful business judgment, and professional maturity. The ideal candidates will have exposure and experience in valuation, M&A-related modeling and analysis, an understanding of leveraged transactions, and the interpersonal skills required to work face-to-face with senior management teams, lenders, investors, advisors, referral sources, and all other participants involved in managing portfolio companies and closing transactions. Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Investment banking, accounting, transaction services and/or private equity experience;
- Excellent financial, modeling, and analytical skills;
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Mature and professional candidate who has a strong work ethic;
- Strong organizational skills, desire to learn, and ability to multi-task;
- Genuine desire to be an early contributor to an entrepreneurial and growing firm.
For consideration, please submit your resume and a brief note outlining your interest in the opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.